Vertosa creates industry-leading active ingredients for infused product makers. Our patent-pending formulations are carefully designed for the specific needs of each of our customers. Our pre-suspended aqueous solutions empower our partners to create incredibly homogeneous and stable products while maximizing bioavailability, clarity, and taste. Our team believes that natural ingredients and science can work in concert to create better alternatives for recreational and medical applications Our knowledge and experience, best-in-class products, white-glove service, and relentless drive for excellence offers our customers the quality, consistency, and reliability they seek in a product. We are looking for a professional who has a growth mindset and is looking to join a growing team!
Our -food-grade manufacturing facility needs a full-time Production Technician to operate under the supervision of our Lab Manager and CSO. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. He or she will also participate in the R&D aspects of the job, including sample preparation, product testing, and new process trials. We’re looking for a professional with experience in data collection and interpretation as well as the storage and retrieval of samples in a laboratory setting. There will be a travel component to this position.
- Perform basic chemical research, which includes designing and testing different formulations in the lab as well as on-site when necessary
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples
- Prepare samples prior to shipping them to customers
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control
- Assist with testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks
- Recognize and report any food safety issues
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in general chemistry or chemical engineering
- 5+ years’ general laboratory experience required, experience in food manufacturing is preferred
- Understand the principle of Design Of Experiment (DOE) and be able to execute experiments based on plan
- Understand basic analytical chemistry terms and be able to use basic chemistry analytical tools
- Be able to present data in a clear fashion
- Can follow instructions and perform stepwise chemistry experiment, prefer to have scale-up production experience (>300g batch)
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality
- Willing to meet on-call obligations as needed
- Travel is required for this role. Traveling up to 2 weeks at a time (with 2+ weeks notice) to continental US and Canada is expected.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a passionate champion for cannabis. Vertosa does not require cannabis consumption for any employees.